Launching a KVM instance
This guide is applicable to any Sansay virtualized product using Linux KVM as hypervisor.
- Upload the Sansay KVM image to your server, in the location on where your VM will reside.
- Start the Virtual Machine Manager(Applications -> System Tools —> Virtual Machine Manager
- Click the “Create a New Virtual Machine” icon.
- Select “Import existing disk image” and click Forward.
- Browse to your new image,set the following information and click Forward:OS Type =Linux Version =“Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
- Configure the Memory (RAM) and the CPUs according to the Minimum VM requirements (provided by Sansay) and click Forward.
- Give your new instance a name, select the “Customize configuration before install”check box and click Finish.
- Optional: Click Add Hardware in the lower left-hand corner. In the pop-up window, choose Network and select the proper Network source. Keep in mind that at the end of this process you want to have one interface on your public network and one interface on your private network.
- Increase storage capacity to at least 100GB. Storage requirements will vary depending on your type of application.
- For environments where two interfaces (a public and a private) are required add a secondary NIC.
- Click Begin Installation in the upper left hand corner.
- Once the installation has completed you will see a console with the login prompt. Use Sansay provided user/password to configure the system's network settings.
Like Follow 1