AWS EC2 Quick Start Guide (IPv4)
This document is intended to assist you with deploying and basic configuration of your virtual VSXi within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform.
This document assumes that you are already familiar with AWS and that your AWS account has already been created.
In order for Sansay to share the VSXi Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and to provide accurate VM resource recommendations, you need to provide the following information:
- Your AWS Account ID (a numeric ID not your login e-mail)
- The AWS region, or regions, you intend to deploy the VSXi image
Before beginning, ensure that you have the following information and files available:
- AWS AMI in your AMI Private images repository, which will be shared with you by Sansay Support.
This video provides step by step guidance how to launch a Sansay EC2 instance.
Outline summary for the above video:
- Select AWS region. This must match the region you provided to Sansay earlier. The AMI will only show up in regions Sansay shared the AMI with you.
- Choose AMI. In the EC2 Dashboard navigation pane, click AMIs located under IMAGES. Select Private Images.
- Select the AMI that was shared with you and click the Launch button in the upper left corner.
- Choose instance type. Next you need to designate the instance type for your VM, Please follow the sizing guide above for this.
- Storage. The AMI comes with a modestly sized HDD. The minimum storage is 100G although this will vary for your application.
- Volume Type = EBS.
- Device = /dev/sdb
- Size (GiB) = Set to amount recommend by Sansay
- Volume Type = Leave as General Purpose SSD (GP3)
- Delete on Termination = (Optional) Unchecked
- Encrypted = Unchecked
- Configure security group. Think of the AWS Security Group as your AWS firewall. This is where you will configure what traffic can come into your new instance and what cannot. If a rule is not created for a particular protocol/port that any traffic which uses that protocol/port will be blocked. During the initial deployment of your VSXi instance the following ports are recommended:
- The Sansay HQ subnet is: 184.108.40.206/27
- Review configuration. After you’ve completed the instance configuration, you have an opportunity to review the configuration prior to launching the instance.
- If you are satisfied with the configuration, click the Launch button.
- If you see something that needs to be changed, click the Previous button.
- If you would like to start the process over from scratch, click Cancel.
- Key pair. Once you select Launch, you will be presented with the following pop-up asking to create a new key pair. You will need this key pair in order for your cdr user to access the system and download CDRs.
- Note: The AWS key pair is equivalent to your ssh password for VSXi appliances (e.g hardware servers)
- After saving the certificate, click the Launch Instances button.
Is there a way to have the SBC utilize this NAT IP when it is crafting the headers for the outbound requests? For example, our carriers need to receive a Contact header which specifies the NAT IP and not the internal IP. It looks like the default behavior is for the SBC to put the internal IP. Is there a setting to force this, or do I need to manipulate the headers?